We have big news to share! On August 1, the Marcus Fabrics Friends and Companions Sew-Along will begin and we're part of it!
Here are the details we can share now:
* The quilts is 60" square and features 8" blocks. Here's a sneak peek at the Marcus Fabrics we're using from Paula Barnes' Companions line:
* Fabric kits will be available so you can make the quilt just like ours. Pre-order your kit now and we'll ship it on July 18 so you are ready to start sewing on August 1.
* If you prefer to put together your own fabrics, here are the yardage requirements:
* For Blocks:
¼ yard cheddar print
½ yard light print #1
1/6 yard red print #1
¼ yard black print
1/6 yard blue print
⅓ yard olive green print
* For Quilt Setting and Borders:
1¾ yards red print #2 for outside border
1¼ yards black print for alternate block, inside border and binding.
1⅛ yards light print #2 for alternate block
1 yard olive green print for setting corners and triangles.
4 yards for backing
* There will be PRIZES each week!!
Ready for the schedule? Here's the line up starting August 1.
8/1 Pam Buda ~ Heartspun Quilts
8/8 Paula Barnes ~ Red Crinoline Quilts
8/15 Sarah Maxwell ~ Homestead Hearth
8/22 Pati Violick ~ Marcus Fabrics
8/29 Gloria Parsons ~ Olde Green Cupboard
9/5 Nancy Rink ~ Nancy Rink Designs
9/12 Mary Ellen Robison~Red Crinoline Quilts
9/19 Dolores Smith ~ Homestead Hearth
9/26 Lisa Shepard ~ Marcus Fabrics
10/3 Red Crinoline Quilts ~ Quilt Revealed!
We hope you're excited about this Sew-Along and will join in. If you follow each of the blogs above by email, you'll get a reminder about the each week's post so you don't miss a thing. Remember, order your fabric kit today so you'll be ready to sew along!